Christmas is approaching, so it’s time to add all the relevant date decorations to the house, such as the tree and some of the best decorations you have, for example garlands, an element that is without a doubt one of the most versatile Christmas decorations with which practically everything in the house can be decorated; from the Christmas tree to the facade of your house.
But if, like me, you are already tired of the same garlands of your life and you want to opt for something stylish this year according to your home or your particular taste, then don’t stop reading this article, because we are going to show it you three ways to make beautiful garlands quickly and differently than traditional garlands.
1. Snowflake Garland
If you like snow, this garland option is ideal for you as it will help you bring a cold and festive atmosphere into your home.
- white felt snowflakes
- light-colored glue or tape
- small container
- white glitter or frost
- ribbon of the desired color
- Sprinkle glitter or glitter in a small container.
- Put glue on each snowflake.
- Dip the snowflakes one at a time into the glitter-filled container.
- Wait for them to dry.
- Glue each snowflake onto the ribbon.
2. Decorative garland with pine cones
Pine cones are not a representative element of Christmas and although this is rarely used, it can help you with a more traditional and natural decoration.
- natural rope
- small pineapple
- artificial snow
- foam brush
- hot glue gun
- Apply glue to the pinecone scales with the foam brush (an old brush works too).
- Pour the artificial snow into a container.
- Dip the pinecones in the snow.
- Let the pineapple dry completely (at least 1 hour).
- Use a hot glue gun to slowly glue the pinecones along the string.
- Wait half an hour for everything to dry before hanging.
3. Dried Citrus Garland
Applying dried fruits in your garlands not only helps to have a natural and fresh environment in your home, but it also gives good energy and brings an orange aroma to the room.
- two baking trays
- rope or wire
- decorative hooks
- Preheat the oven to 130 C
- Cut the oranges into 1 cm slices
- Line both trays with baking paper.
- Pat the orange slices dry with kitchen paper and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 3 hours or until dry, then remove from oven.
- Let the orange cool so you can handle it
- Poke holes in the top or center of each orange slice
- Thread a piece of string through each hole and distribute the oranges evenly on the garland.
- Tie each end with a bow and hang using the hooks.
Where do you place the streamers?
Stairs are usually very atmospheric in every home and therefore should not be missing when decorating the house for Christmas parties; If you have stairs in your house, there is no doubt that the railing is a great place for the pendulum, don’t forget this place and decorate it.
The fireplace is another place where you can add your Christmas decorations to give it a Christmas spirit and while not everyone has a fireplace in their home, those who do can add various decorative elements to it, such as garlands in our case. .
Many homes still have a tradition of decorating their front doors with wreaths or garlands, as these are believed to symbolize peace, prosperity, and new beginnings. The garlands are decorations that welcome neighbors and guests during the holidays, so you should not forget to place them in all settings in your home.
If there is one decorative element that currently gives a Christmas atmosphere to the facade of our house, it is a garland, so you should not miss one in your house.
Windows are also considered a good place to decorate and although they are used less often, window treatments not only look elegant but can also reflect your decoration both inside and out. In addition, they can help furnish rooms such as living rooms, kitchens and even bedrooms.